Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
Based in the depot, the Mechanical Engineer plays a key role in our operations, performing mechanical repairs, assembly and servicing on our range of industrial products such as power tools and lifting equipment, ensuring that all repairs and maintenance of equipment is prioritised effectively.
What we offer:
What you’ll need:
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have experience in maintaining mechanical and electrical equipment. If you have experience in the Hire industry that is great, if not that’s not a problem as long as you can demonstrate a sound understanding of the maintenance of the equipment we hire.
Experience working on mechanical tools and power tools i.e. drills/breakers, mixers, vacuum cleaners, plate compactors, 2/4 stroke garden equipment, battery/110 and 240v lights, electric/gas/diesel heating, diesel/ petrol generators, mini lighting towers, petrol disc cutters, power floats, powered access
• Routine service and maintenance of all hire equipment and products including electrical testing where required
• Carry out the refurbishment of equipment and products where necessary
• Liaise with the Workshop Manager when spare parts are required to ensure cost-effective repairs
• Ensure service records are maintained and updated onto the in-house system (Spanner) and daily worksheets are populated
• Ensure that all equipment is cleaned to the highest standard ready for hire
Please be aware Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.