JCB are looking for a Purchasing Manager to join the team - JCB Italy
Behind every JCB product is a team that sources and buys the materials we need to make them. As a Regional Purchasing Manager you’ll be part of Procurement team based in one of European regions. Your goal is to make sure identify suppliers who can supply key components at the lowest possible acquisition cost; that means co-ordinating with Category Teams in the UK, buyer resources and the budget to get the right results – all while driving supplier performance and keeping quality standards high.
If you enjoy such skill-stretching challenges, we’ve got good news for you: there’s also the chance to help introduce new products as part of a multi-functional team.
Overview of the role:
Your main tasks will include:
- Leading the identification of suppliers who can support the delivery of components in time and the right price & quality for all NPI programmes
- Work in conjunction with the buying teams and Engineering to influence and agree cost targets and delivery of the same components through the NPI process
- Early Supplier Engagement – ensure that strategies and preferred partners are communicated effectively to Engineering Managers so that only appropriate suppliers and technologies are engaged early on NPIP projects
- Agree targeted suppliers with the category buyers in relation to the latest JCB Warranty Agreement, ensuring that these are established for all new suppliers and existing key suppliers in line with annual objectives.
- Ensure PPM targets are understand by all suppliers as appropriate, and apply the appropriate commercial leverage in support of achieving the same.
- Working with the category teams to compile and delivering the annual budgets, for your area of responsibility
- In liaison with category management team, set appropriate negotiation strategies with key suppliers
- Provide a monthly cost movement report that identifies opportunities and risks to the budget. Making decisions and recommendations to put in place any necessary recovery plans
- To focus on Cost Management and improved levels of transparency (Quotation Analysis Forms) to leverage costs with all suppliers
- Work with the category team to set relevant objectives in relation to supplier NQCRPM performance reviews. Prioritise suppliers for performance improvement.
- Ensure that there is sufficient installed capacity within the supply base to accommodate the numbers contained within the 5 year plan.
- Managing escalations from the Category & Purchase Managers and is responsible for root cause analysis, deploying resources and ensuring continuity of supply
- Resolving supply chain breakdown, including influencing appointed administrators for suppliers in financial difficulty, ensuring the best possible outcome for JCB.
- Ensure you build up relationship with category teams and key stakeholders within the JCB business to ensure the delivery of key objectives.
- Working within the overall objectives, allocate your time and resource o ensure the full delivery of the key objectives
- Identify and provide a summary of all suppliers available in region in support of Category Strategies and make recommendations in supplier selection
- Working within the overall direction set by the category management team, develop and input the Category Strategies that deliver results across NQCR.
- Ensure that Group Purchasing Policies are strictly adhered to.
We’re looking for hard-working professionals who can source components globally – cultural sensitivity is essential and a second language would be ideal. Experience in Manufacturing or Engineering would also be advantage, but as long as you’ve got the key commercial skills, we’ll consider your application. You should be adept at budget planning, negotiations, cost breakdowns. And it’s also important that you’ve brought new products to market using gated processes. With this kind of experience, you’ll know that teamwork and good organisation are vital. You’ll use both to meet deadlines, collaborate and manage your priorities.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Purchasing in a Manufacturing Environment
- Global Sourcing
- People Management
- New Product Introduction
- Category/Strategic Management
- Preferably CIPS or equivalent Qualified
- Business or Engineering Background
- 5 Years of relevant experience
Rewards and benefits
Our achievements – now and in the future – are down to our 12,000-strong worldwide workforce. To say thank you, we give everyone here career development and the chance to progress. We also pay great attention to employees’ health and welfare. You can expect medical insurance and dental care schemes, plus access to our healthy living centre. Naturally, this comes with a competitive salary, company pension and 33 days’ annual leave.