JCB is looking for an experienced Temporary Production Controller
JCB is a truly world class, family owned business. We are proud of our achievements and recognise that future growth and success is shaped by the ambition of the JCB team. If you are looking for a career with a business where people really count, look no further than JCB.
Overview of the role:
The Production Controller role forms part of the Operations Leadership team and will be responsible for creating, issuing and tracking the production plans. The Production Controller will work closely with Sales, Engineering, Purchasing and Operations supporting processes that cover forecasting, order acceptance and operations planning.
Your responsibilities as a Production Controller:
- Plan and manage production schedules to ensure 100% on-time delivery of customer orders. Driving weekly production meetings to ensure a 4 week fixed production schedule and 100% sequence adherence
- Analyse sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements
- Plan dependent and independent work streams to optimize capacity
- Maintain capacity slots in SAP planning boards, with timely release of production orders and issuing of serial numbers
- Interface with the Assembly Group leader and team leaders on shift meetings to obtain a status update to maintain the throughput tracker
- Provide customers with traceability data
- Liaise with the Sales coordinator to plan customer collections and export, including planning and forecasting of containers
- Support the S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) monthly process ensuring that production capacity is aligned to sales forecast.
- The successful candidate will have previous experience working in production planning
- Good experience with ERP (ideally SAP) with strong MRP skills is essential
- You will need to be numerate and have excellent analytical skills with an advanced knowledge of excel
- You must be a confident communicator, both spoken and written, have great attention to detail whilst maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
What’s in it for you?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary, access to the company’s healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
JCB: Building a Brighter Future
JCB is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.