As an Regional Engineering Manager you will be responsible for delivering company defined engineering standards within a predefined cluster of Plant and Tools depots within the Yorkshire and East Midlands region.
Supporting the team of Depot Managers & Foreperson Service Engineers, you\'ll drive a continuous improvement program based around safety, people, quality, productivity and equipment availability. Reporting into the Rental Solutions Managing Director and working alongside Regional Directors and Depot Management teams your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure highest levels of quality and availability of Power products; whilst maintaining optimum stock levels.
- Prioritise and manage a repair program (Target high earning / UTE % items) ensuring that all assets are fully compliant with current Health & Safety regulations and maintained in line with the relevant service schedules.
- Develop maintenance & reliability improvement processes to maximise performance of hire fleet assets.
- Manage quality improvement initiatives & support development of Centres of Excellence model.
- Develop and manage KPI reporting.
- Drive technical skills development and apprenticeship programme.
- Create continuous improvement plan for engineering activities (process, compliance, technical bulletins etc.).
- Ensure compliance with all regulations relating to Health and Safety/Quality Assurance/LOLER including completion of statutory training.
- Working in conjunction with Regional Management create and manage a collaborative sharing of resources across all Lifting depots to ensure optimal use; meeting customer requirements and business demands as appropriate.
- Create and manage processes and training which support the introduction of innovations & new products.
- Carry out any investigations for major failure on assets; identifying trends and carrying out root cause analysis with relevant stakeholders.
- Resolve any issues with manufactures and suppliers for ongoing service issues, parts etc. in conjunction with the relevant stakeholders.
- Arrange and set out a Manufacturer training plan for all engineers and depot staff
- Have involvement in and lead where appropriate any strategic or local projects relevant to role/product category