Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
As our Category Management team goes from strength to strength, we are now looking to recruit an Asset Manager (Category Support) to support within our Bristol based office.
The main purpose if this role will be to effectively manage all aspects of the Asset Team ensuring all transactions and reports are completely efficiently and accurately to support the maximising of asset profitability and data integrity. The Asset Manager (Category Support) will report directly to Group Asset Manager and oversees the Asset Team and build close relationships with Category Team, Supply Chain, Finance, and wider business depot functions.
- Ensuring implementation and compliance with all Asset team policy and procedures
- Periodic review of policy and procedures (minimum annually) to ascertain effectiveness
- Investigate and recommend any improvements to policy and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with stock count schedule
- Complete monthly analysis report on stock count reports to identify and highlight any issues and anomalies to Group Asset Manager
- Monthly review of all Asset Team reports and investigate any trends
- Identify and recommend any exceptional reporting required to assist with asset data accuracy
- Represent at periodic monthly Category meetings and make recommendations based on asset performance
- Promote simplify, standardize, grow within the team
- Daily monitoring of call logs and escalating any issues to Group Asset Manager
- Identify any system and process training required throughout wider business for asset process’
- Ensure prompt processing of asset transactions for re-fleets, re-instatements, intercompany transactions, product data integrity corrections, Perpetual Inventory counts, companywide stock checks
- To support Capex Coordinator with ongoing review of lives and residuals applied to each product to ensure they are appropriate
- Monthly review of Asset Team training requirements and schedule any due courses
- Producing slides for monthly Investment Committee packs
- Ensuring all document and records are available and easily retrievable within the shared folder
- Review of weekly utilisation reports and liaise with Capex Coordinator and Category Teams regarding any Capex opportunities
- Conduct PDRs for team members
- Delivery of HSSEQ monthly meetings for Asset Team
- Approve, record and monitor team absences
- Support Capex Coordinator during holidays and absence
- Experience in managing a small team
- Strong experience in Fixed Asset Management
- Strong experience and knowledge of Speedy products
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Communication and influencing skills
- Experience of managing large volumes of data
- Experience of creating processes and delivering services by using tools such as data mapping, data, and business flow diagrams
- Experience of training staff on the use of good business process and the technology used to deliver process
- Excellent analytical skills with experience of creating reports and dealing with large volumes of data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- GDPR knowledge
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 26 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays), discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.
Please be aware Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.