JCB is hiring a Materials Manager to join the team at JCB Cab Systems.
The story of JCB is one of innovation, ambition and sheer hard work. From small beginnings building agricultural tipping trailers in 1945, to the global force in manufacturing the company has become today, JCB has constantly pushed the boundaries in our desire to be the best. Our achievements over the past 75 years have been considerable, but at JCB we believe in always looking ahead to the next development, the next level of success.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Liaise with sales function during formulation and review of sales forecasts to ensure global stocking plans satisfy projected demand
- Production planning to include final assembly scheduling and kitting planning within SAP
- Monitoring of production execution and measurement of performance (labour efficiency, production lead times, etc.)
- Set and manage annual overheads budget for Materials Department
- Policy and strategy development for materials supply
- Determination of key objectives arising from strategy and development of master schedule to meet these objectives
- Ensure appropriate processes and systems are implemented to effectively manage the routine materials planning and execution activities
- Review materials supply status and identify and implement any required corrective actions
- Effectively control new product introductions and product improvement activities regarding materials supply and logistics solutions
- Ensure agreed inventory targets are achieved
- Ensure materials availability and service levels are achieved
- Develop, mentor and coach supply chain employees to ensure that they are effective in their roles and can achieve career progression
- Perform appraisals, counselling and disciplinary actions when necessary
- Maintain appropriate suite of KPIs which effectively drive the required behaviour
- Instil a culture of continuous improvement in team
- You must be passionate and driven
- You should be confident in managing your team
- Previous experience in a managerial role within a Materials, Manufacturing environment
What’s in it for you?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company’s healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
JCB is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Recruitment Agencies: JCB does not accept any speculative approaches to present candidates for advertised vacancies.