This role would suit a plant fitter or mechanic who has experience in Railway small plant maintenance or someone who has agricultural or construction industry plant experience. The area we are looking to cover is Lincolnshire. Ideally the person would stay in/around this area.
- Carry out maintenance, service, repair of company and customer owned assets at customer premises
- Work on own and also as part of a team at customer premises ensuring that the equipment is maintained to manufacturer specifications at all times
- Complete company paperwork and ensure safe working practices are observed and followed at all times in accordance with company procedures
- Ensure that van stock is kept to required level by ordering service and repair parts as when required
Skills & experience required
- Ideally be time served Qualified Plant Fitter or Mechanic with either Railway, Construction or Agricultural experience
- Full UK Driving license
- Flexible in working hours and be expected to occasionally stay away from home
- Have good working knowledge of small plant engines such as petrol 2 stroke, 4 stroke and diesels
- Good fault finding skills in wide area of small plant repairs
- Able to work on own initiative or within a team with minimum supervision
- Able to plan own work load and good time management skills
- Have basic IT skills
- If successful the candidate will be expected to be able to pass Drug and Alcohol Railway standard medical and undergo PTS safety qualification training.