Regional Engineer –London region
Salary £negotiable (DOE) + company van + overtime + benefits
Do you want to work for a fast-paced growing National company, with excellent career stability and progression prospects; where hard work is well rewarded? Then a job with AFI is for you.
AFI are currently recruiting for a regional engineer based out of our London region. You will be responsible for supporting the Regional Service Manager in the smooth running of the region and servicing and maintaining our expanding hire rental fleet.
The role in brief:
- Carrying out pre-delivery inspections (PDIs), services, LOLER inspections, repairs, manufacturer updates and maintaining the corporate image of our fleet of rental machines
- Attending breakdowns on customer sites
- Accurately complete all necessary recording of checks using a company issued PDA, following company procedure at all times
- Communicate effectively with the engineering team and hire office to make sure that the depot maintains maximum machine availability
The ideal candidate:
- A CAP (Competent Assessed Person) licence would be a distinct advantage
- You must hold an engineering qualification – minimum NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- You should have a sound mechanical knowledge in a heavy plant background, i.e. powered access, excavators or forklifts
- Experience within the powered access industry is essential
- Be competent in electro/hydraulic systems
- You will be experienced in fault finding / diagnostics
- You will be working closely with customers and colleagues, so you must be able to communicate professionally
- You must be able to prioritise tasks in an ever changing demanding hire environment
AFI Group is a leading provider of access solutions, from the hire and purchase of access equipment, to accredited training and service / maintenance of machines. With a current network of 27 hire locations across the UK and over 5,000 machines, AFI has a strong emphasis on Health and Safety and is proud to hold various accreditations (ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO18001, 5* Achilles BuildingConfidence, Gold RoSPA award – to name a few).
We offer an excellent benefits package:
- 23 days holidays per year rising to 25, plus statutory holidays
- Inclusion in a monthly profit share scheme
- An auto-enrolment pension scheme with employer contributions
- Death-in-Service benefit of 2 x salary
- Paid Overtime
- Company Van
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- AFI Rewards
In addition we have invested in an excellent induction programme, and staff training (we currently hold a Gold Investors in People award).