An excellent opportunity has arisen for a part-qualified Management Accountant to join our extremely successful finance team. We are looking for an ambitious and adaptable Management Accountant to join our dynamic finance function on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of this role is to assist withthe preparation of monthly fixed asset management accounts for UK&I and provision of financial support to the fixed asset operational team through the production of financial information and analysis.
- To undertake commercial analysis of the monthly fixed asset management accounts for the division and engage in balance sheet management.
- To assist in the preparation of the monthly fixed asset management accounts for the UK&I trading businesses adhering to prescribed timetable of delivery.
- To produce, interpret and analyse standard reports that accurately reflect a true and fair view of business performance, providing commentary and business solutions to problems.
- To assist in monitoring trends in both products and asset movement. Identify and implement actions to address issues and maximise opportunities.
- To prepare the month end balance sheet reconciliations and monthly performance review packs for the fixed asset manager.
- To attend area and regional monthly management meetings where required.
- To review and challenge the operational cost base and identify areas for efficiencies.
- To support the Finance managers with the budget/reforecast process for fixed asset movements.
- To review depot inefficiencies within asset management and ensure that with operational management a performance plan is put in place, making recommendations to the Finance BP and Operational Director.
- To undertake month end reconciliations of UK&I trading balance sheet accounts and investigate differences. Analysis of monthly movements presented to fixed asset manager for review.
- To assist in the preparation for the half year and year end external audit for the UK&I trading areas
- To undertake any other analysis/projects as required by the Head of Operations Finance.
- Manage the interactions with Internal and External customers, especially to form a working relationship with the GMs and DMs.
- Provide Support to peers
- To act as a liaison between the operational management and the UK&I support functions.
- To attend management meetings where appropriate.
- To review KPIs and Financial information to ensure that we are consistently improving our performance.
- Leading regular reviews to improve Customer service, performance, and productivity.
- To ensure that appropriate training and development is undertaken to continue to develop role.
Core Competencies & Skills
- Works independently as well as part of a team.
- Proven record of meeting deadlines.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Ability to apply judgment in problem solving
- Good commercial/analysis skills
Qualifications & Experience
- Working towards relevant accounting qualification or qualified by experience.
- Knowledge of Speedy operational businesses.
- Knowledge in working with ERP applications (preferably Axapta, BPC).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills both internally across distances and externally with customers.
- Ability to tailor communications to the appropriate audience
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 26 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.
Please be aware Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.