JCB is looking for an Senior Engineer to join the Excavator Engineering Team
We have a wealth of recent high-profile excavator launches including X-series large excavators, a range of NXG Compact Excavators and have big plans for developing our product range. We are now looking for a Senior Engineer to join our ambitious team looking after our current product range – based at our Heavy Products facility, Uttoxeter.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Completion of full PI’s
- Suggesting ways of continuous improvement
- Actively promoting cost reduction and quality improvement activities
- Supporting analysis / calculations. E.g. FEA , Cooling calcs, stress/stain, component life etc.
- Maintaining engineering sign-off data
- Responsible for meeting timing, technical requirements, costs legal requirements of elements of products.
- Interpreting and using test data and analysis techniques results correctly
- VA/VE – managing the delivery of annual cost saving targets from idea generation through to implementation
- Supporting manufacturing and assembly plants with quick and effective issue resolution
- Sales Specials, providing customers and dealers with tailored bespoke engineered solutions to satisfy their specific product needs
- Working closely with JCB Service and the Dealer network to delivery world class product support and issue resolution
- Working closely with the Excavator product team and the cross functional support teams including experts from our Operator Environment, Propulsion, Structures & Hydraulics and Electronics & Controls engineering teams
The ideal candidate will:
- Problem solving – methodical and pragmatic, action based problem solving
- Have awareness of cost implications for full component life cycle
- Be competent with systems and procedures of the department e.g. CAD / SOPs
- Preferably Chartered Engineer
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation
- Understand impact on full systems of own work / Full machine system awareness
- Strong communicator; capable of presenting to groups of people both formally and informally in a confident effective manner
What’s in it for you?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company’s healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
JCB: Building a Brighter Future
JCB is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Recruitment Agencies: JCB does not accept any speculative approaches to present candidates for advertised vacancies.