JCB are hiring a Senior Software Engineer, to join their team – JCB Transmissions
Overview & Responsibilities
- Responsible for transmission software delivery
- Promote JCB systems for software development, configuration management and defect tracking.
- Sign-off and Peer Review of in-house software projects to applicable in-house standards.
- Contribution towards engineering sign-off (ESO) activities for embedded software on electronic control units (ECUs) within JCB machines.
- The authoring, testing and validation of transmission software
Behaviour and Skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications
- Sense of Urgency – Showing drive & motivation
- Promote Health, Safety & Quality at all times
- Awareness of HSE procedures and policies (Inc. STOP, CALL, WAIT)
- Raising of Near Misses
- Encouraging behaviour to drive continuous improvement
- Flexible and resilient with an ability to manage risks and development issues during the various stages of projects
- An accomplished problem solver
- Ability to work well within a team but progress own tasks
- The ability to plan and organise work schedules to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to work to very tight deadlines
- Innovative thinker
- Good spoken and written communication skills
Essential Skills and Experience
- Educated to Degree level or relevant experience accompanied by a HND/C in Electronics software engineering or similar.
- Relevant experience within an embedded systems environment and be able to show evidence of managing a safety compliant embedded system project.
- C programming is essential and the candidate should be able to demonstrate experience of writing Applications for an embedded system.
- Creating detailed software design documents.
- Generation of V&V tests and automated validation test scripts
- Capable of taking functional requirements through to Software implementation.
- A good understanding of the CAN protocol and the use of CAN analysis tools
Desirable skills and experience
- Low level C-API software authoring
- Experience of deploying code onto Infineon microcontrollers such the 32 bit Tri-core or Infineon Aurix.
- Experience of any of the following: Matlab/Simulink, Python.
- Experience of UML and Sparx Enterprise Architect.
- Past experience with static analysis software such as QAC and experience working to MISRA C guidelines.
- Specification and fault finding of automotive style sensor hardware
- Knowledge of EMC effects, standards and design to limit vulnerability
What’s in it for you?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company’s healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
JCB: Building a Brighter Future
JCB is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Recruitment Agencies: JCB does not accept any speculative approaches to present candidates for advertised vacancies.