The Regional Transport Manager role is a new role that will play a key part of our new regional logistics strategy. You’ll have responsibility for the the effective delivery of regional transport planning across multiple Service Centres and vehicles, making the best use of the new LOGISTIC technology to deliver a world class service for our customers.
As part of the Regional Management Team, reporting direct to your Regional Director, you\'ll work closely with the Service Centre Managers and Sales Managers and engage with our drivers to support and motivate them whilst they are out servicing our customers. You’ll be proactive with good influencing skills and keen to progress in your career with a particular enthusiasm for transport and operations in the hire industry.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leadership of the regional transport solution
- Responsible for route Efficiency - lead review process & compliance to / Optimise van/LGV schedules and 3PL usage
- Responsible for delivering the Operational Performance to the agreed KPI targets
- Fleet / Safety / Legislation / Internal Compliance - deliver expected levels of internal and legislative compliance including responsibility for our Operator licence obligations, ensuring we adhere to the highest levels of safety and compliance.
- Effective planning of resources (driver & vehicle) to deliver KPIs and customer service promises
- Responsible for 100% POD and POC compliance to ensure revenue collection
- Working pro-actively to reduce missed time-slots & late deliveries
- Ensuring any transport issues arising from customers & drivers are resolved
- Routing a large fleet of vehicles for single and multi-drop runs based at multiple depots
- Keep in close contact with the drivers & customers offering support and ensuring that runs are progressing correctly
- Briefing & De-Briefing drivers
- Indirect budget responsibility for the vehicle running costs, e.g. fuel and maintenance