Maybe you’ve moved around within engineering or manufacturing. Or perhaps you’re a recent engineering graduate looking to kickstart your career. Either way, JCB is somewhere you’ll want to stay. Why’s that? Because we don’t just talk about groundbreaking innovation – we’re actually doing it. Pun intended. For example, a lot of people might not realise that we design and build our own engines here. And the moment we’re shaking up the industry with our hydrogen-fuelled engine. It’s completely CO2-free, it’s a big deal, and it’s only possible because individuals that make up the various departments of our engineering function share their ideas and work together to make them a reality. Collaboration like that makes for some amazing opportunities to develop your skills and build something truly special. Like an Industry Wheeled Excavator, a Rotating Telehandler, or an amazing career.
Reporting to the Principal Engineer at one of our modern engineering centres in Staffordshire, you will be working on a range of exciting technical development projects which are targeted to ensure that JCB machines are the most technically advanced, robust and competitive on the market.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Design and development of high voltage vehicle battery systems
· Electrical and electronic system and architecture definition
· Understanding of safety critical systems and the application to electrical and electronics systems design and specification in harsh environments
· Specifying of electrical and electronic components for use in the battery system
· Testing and validation of electrical and electronic components and battery systems
· Integration of energy storage system within product range
· Working with suppliers to develop technical strategy
· Development of technical specifications, Group Electrical Standards and instructions
· Carrying out system and installation reviews to known standards
· Data analysis and simulation of battery systems
Ideal candidates will be:
· Educated to a minimum HND level in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar
· Self motivated and capable of working well both alone and as a member of a team
· Able to demonstrate significant experience in automotive or Off Road electrical systems design
· Proficient in the use of engineering software and simulation tools
· Experienced in the specification of battery systems, including cells, chemistry and manufacturing / handling processes
· Able to understand and contribute to the development of machine electrical components, and vehicle harness architectures to suit off road applications
· Have a good knowledge of vehicle legislation and standards for UK, Europe and ROW
What’s in it for you?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company’s healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
JCB: Building a Brighter Future
JCB is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Recruitment Agencies: JCB does not accept any speculative approaches to present candidates for advertised vacancies.