JCB is a truly world class, family owned business. We are proud of our achievements and recognise that future growth and success is shaped by the ambition of the JCB team. If you are looking for a career with a business where people really count, look no further than JCB.
Overview of the role:
To assist with leading, coordinating and developing a small team of design engineers working on a defined work programme based around Operator Environment (Cab) development, including new product introduction, warranty issue resolution and product improvement.
You will deliver the work programme from concept to delivery – from specification, through analysis, testing and development, to engineering sign-off.
You will also support in-house quality, manufacturing and service teams in resolving complex technical issues arising as a result of warranty and / or issues that lead to engineering change as the permanent solution. All in all resulting in a robust product of world class quality.
Your responsibilities as a Principal Design Engineer:
- Lead and ensure the team will deliver the work programme from concept to delivery to the agreed timing.
-Support achievement of the business’s quality and warranty targets.
- Liaise with test and development, manufacturing operations and full machine build teams to ensure Endurance, Customer Evaluation and Design Validation builds are completed to expected timing and cost.
- Co-ordinate and oversee design validation tests/analyses.
- Lead and develop system and component FMEA's and DFA's.
- Support programme gateways and reviews, ensure all project documentation is planned for an in place for Technical Review and Gate Reviews.
- Ensure coordination with other functional areas, such as programme teams, purchasing, quality and other development teams
- Work with suppliers to deliver prototypes and PPAP parts to schedule, meeting quality and performance requirements
- Be responsible for co-ordinating and representing the engineering team when the Design Manager is not available.
- Ensure continued development of the team members.
- Ideally degree qualified in a mechanical engineering discipline.
- Proven delivery of concept through to production as part of an NPI process.
- Experience in design of structural fabrications and plastic mouldings.
- Ideally experienced in Cab design, including understanding of compliance requirements and key attributes.
- Ideally experienced in leading a small team of engineers within a product development environment.
- Good project and supplier management skills, with commercial and customer awareness.
What’s in it for you?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes and 33 days annual leave. You can also apply for access to the on-site gym facilities.
JCB: Building a Brighter Future
JCB is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.