Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
An exciting position has arisen in our HSSEQ Team for a SHE Advisor to support the HS2 project.
This is fantastic opportunity for an experienced SHE Advisor to join our core team, reporting directly to the Head of Health and Safety. You will work within a dynamic workforce that prides itself on a culture of safety first.
The position is to support Speedy in developing a positive safety culture and effective management of risk.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a keen interest in progressing their career within HSSEQ.
- Providing guidance and support to improve management of risk within Speedy through engaging with the operational teams
- Engendering a positive safety culture through coaching and mentoring
- Being the point of contact for The HS2 Project team
- Leading or undertaking the investigation of incidents to ensure that the root cause is identified and lessons learned are identified and shared
- Completing site specific KPI reports
- Completion of relevant documentation to support the project such as risk assessments, method statements and SSoW
- Completion of workplace transport plans
- Supporting the development and implementation on SHE systems, including drafting policies and procedures
- To be the Subject Matter Expert for a specific topic area i.e. powered access equipment, transport
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring that SHE data is correctly entered and triaged on the online reporting system
What you’ll need:
- NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent level 3 qualification)
- IOSH membership
- Operational SHE experience
- Experienced risk assessor
- Team player
- Ability to manage own workload and work autonomously and remotely
- Coaching and mentoring approach
- Influential and effective communicator
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Driver’s license
- Technical knowledge of equipment/tools
- Knowledge of high risk activities
- Specialist industry knowledge
In return we offer a competitive salary with company car, contributory pension scheme, 21 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) raising to 26 after one years’ service discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services