A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Cyber Security Engineer to join our team at Sunbelt Rentals UK. It’s our vision to own the future of rentals and our mission to deliver a world-class experience. As a Cyber Security Engineer you’ll help us to deliver exceptional customer experiences and live up to our values, setting an unrivalled standard for the industry.
Following the creation of a new Security Team and an additional investment of almost £1 million in security tooling, products and a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platform and Security Operations Centre (SOC) Sunbelt Rentals are now looking to expand the Team to implement and manage the new solutions and services.
This is a really exciting time for the to join the Team as the successful candidate will have direct input into the design and implementation of the new services and then manage the day to day security environment as well as continually researching, recommending and implementing new security technologies.
The role is responsible responsible for operational security and assisting with the design, implementation and development security controls and systems. Ensuring that incidents are detected, prioritised, investigated, contained, remediated and that operational security controls are measured and constantly improved.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Create low level system design documentation for new security implementations
- Represent the Security Manager when required
- Security lead on major projects
- Subject Matter Expert for security systems
- Engineer, implement, maintain, and monitor operational security systems
- Creation of high- and low-level designs for both existing and new security tools and solutions
- Performing Proof of Value (PoV) assessments for new products and making technical recommendations
- Ensuring that Security tools and technologies and configured correctly and align to best practices
- Develop metrics to measure the effectiveness of operational security controls
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures for operational security controls
- Creation, documentation, testing and approval of gold/standard security builds for Servers and Workstations
- Working with 3rd Parties to ensure that all services delivered meet our Security requirements
- Raising and reviewing changes via our Change Advisory Board (CAB) and implementing them as required
- Mentor and instruct other functions within the IT Family on security