We're now recruiting a Principal Engineer/Technic Specialist to join our team - Power Systems
JCB is a truly world class, family owned business. We are proud of our achievements and recognise that future growth and success is shaped by the ambition of the JCB team. If you are looking for a career with a business where people really count, look no further than JCB.
Main duties will include:
- Technical lead/consultant on complex materials challenges as they arise
- New product H2 ICE development and validation
- Current product support
- Advanced Engineering activities
- Building and maintaining a materials database for current powertrain products and expanding the database with new developments in materials
- Technical support and liaison for material properties topics relating to the certification of powertrains (LCA, legislated materials content etc.)
- Technical coaching and mentoring for junior team members to aid their technical development for materials science skills
- Prime contact and coordinator for links to Academia including theoretical and practical work
- Support for current product quality issues relating to changes in manufacturing processes and/or raw materials
- Developing and maintaining a plan of tasks required as a technical specialist
- Supervision of junior engineers & technicians.
- Support the development of design guides, testing, operating procedures and sign-off procedures to facilitate the continual improvement of departmental effectiveness.
- A strong engineering background and a Degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Metallurgy Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Considerable experience of internal combustion engine fundamentals (mechanical and combustion, automotive electrical systems and electronics). A proven proficiency in materials science and metallurgy and analytical life prediction tools.
- Experience in leading multi-discipline engineering tasks delivering them to production level robustness
- Able to communicate complex problems and solutions to non-expert colleagues and leadership team enabling sound engineering decision
What’s in it for you?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company’s healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
JCB: Building a Brighter Future
JCB is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Recruitment Agencies: JCB does not accept any speculative approaches to present candidates for advertised vacancies.