As a Payroll Advisor you will need to liaise closely with your business unit functions and with payroll colleagues as part of collaborative working. As the point of contact for your functions you will need to be approachable and knowledgeable and be able to advise and respond to queries in a professional and courteous manner.
This role will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced payroll team, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and the chance to be involved in and deliver projects alongside your payroll workload.
This position will be key in delivering accurate and timely information flow between HR, Finance and Payroll and will require close interaction with HR Advisors and Administrators.
· Ensure accurate and timely payments, delivering all contractual and statutory entitlements
· Monitor pay authorisation requirements to ensure they are met and adhered to.
· Maintain a working knowledge of standard payroll procedures and reporting
· Maintain a working knowledge of PAYE including all RTI requirements
· Maintain a working knowledge of statutory payments and deductions
· Utilise payroll and time and attendance reports to produce accurate payments.
· Respond in an accurate and timely manner to internal and external payroll queries
· Maintain accurate practices, records and filing system for audit purposes.
· The commitment to work flexibly as and when the need arises.
Your Skills and Experience
We are seeking candidates with experience of 'good practice' payroll processing and procedures and knowledge of all current PAYE and benefits legislation. You will have a high level of numeracy and be confident in calculating gross to net payments. You will have practical knowledge of statutory payment calculations and requirements.
We need someone who has the ability to work within an established team and manage the entire end to end payroll process, whilst having the ability to deliver continuous improvement – challenging the status quo, problem solving and actively looking to develop more efficient practices. You will have experience of working with high volumes and tight deadlines, with personal accountability to organise and prioritise your own workload, whilst demonstrating careful attention to detail and adhering to all mandatory audit requirements.
You must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience of working with time and attendance systems, and ResourceLink would be an advantage.
If you have a flair for payroll and are looking for somewhere to enhance your career, this role is ideal!