What could you do with a globally-recognised brand?
JCB is a world-class, family-owned business. We are proud of our achievements and recognise that future growth and success is shaped by the ambition of the JCB team. If you are looking for a career with a business where people really count, look no further.
Overview of the role:
The role can either be based in a BU within any region or Group Purchasing and is responsible for the commercial management of a particular category on a global basis. Reporting directly to a Group Purchase Manager the role is accountable for creating and delivering the strategic direction of the portfolio to ensure that the supply base is capable of meeting BU and Regional expectations.
Overseeing the management of a team of dedicated Buyers within a given region and directing the supporting regional Purchasing Teams, the role is also responsible for ensuring best practice is adopted globally.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Early Supplier Engagement – ensure that strategies and preferred partners are communicated effectively to Engineering Managers so that only appropriate suppliers are engaged early on NPIP projects.
- To be responsible for Global Supplier Nomination for components and systems for the designated category area of responsibility.
- To work in conjunction with Advanced and Business Unit Engineering to agree cost targets and delivery of these throughout the NPI process.
- To be responsible for understanding and aligning supplier Innovation via Development Agreements and Technology Days.
- To ensure the use of NPI SOP’s are utilised in order to support programme launches.
- Ensure the appropriate level of support is provided to support Group and Category PPM targets.
- To provide relevant support to improve and close out supplier warranty related activities.
- To be responsible for approving new suppliers whilst ensuring that JCB minimum requirements are met i.e. the application of JCB supplier assessment, financial health check, relevant TS or ISO quality standard, etc.
- Set targets for achieving preferred Warranty Agreements with key existing suppliers.
- Ensure the supply base are up to date with JCB audit requirements.
- To be responsible for compiling and delivering annual budgets on a Global basis and provide a monthly cost movement report that identifies opportunities and risks to the budget.
- To ensure that appropriate targets and commercial agreements are in place to support Lean Workshops.
- To promote VA/VE activity within the supply base and support the implementation of approved projects.
- To ensure that FOC Prototype agreements are in place with strategic suppliers and rebates are recovered.
- To focus on Cost Management and improved levels of transparency (Quotation Analysis Forms) to leverage costs.
- To ensure that payment terms within the category are preferred.
- To ensure Long Term Agreements are in place with ‘Key’ suppliers.
- To act on alerts created from the continuous risk assessment process and to ensure Business Continuity plans are in place with appropriate suppliers.
- To ensure that preferred Warranty Agreements are in place with ‘core’ suppliers and those that are being nominated for NPI programmes.
- Deploy the policy for Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Ensure that 100% of the suppliers within the category have agreed to Supplier Code of Conduct.
- To ensure that there is sufficient installed capacity within the supply base to accommodate the numbers contained within the 5 Year Plan.
- Setting the strategic direction that is in line with the expectations of the business and lead a team of Buyers, (both direct and dotted line) within a global matrix organisation that is capable of meeting those goals.
- To be responsible for recruiting and forming a team that can support both the ongoing management of the category and the needs of NPI programmes.
- To be responsible for training a Global Team of commercially and technically astute Buyers that all operate in a standard way.
- To provide leadership and support with regards to the team member’s individual progression by ensuring Development Plans are in place.
- To create and maintain a succession plan for this role to ensure continuity of performance.
- This is a leadership role and the person will deputise for the Group Purchasing Manager where required.
- Leading the development and deployment of Global Category Strategies.
- To ensure that formal supplier evaluation reviews take place with appropriate suppliers.
- To ensure that the Supplier Dashboard is completed and maintained.
- To ensure that Purchasing polices are strictly adhered to.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Purchasing in a Manufacturing Environment
- Global sourcing
- Virtual Team Management
- Working within a global and matrix organisation
- People Management
- New Product Introduction
- Engineering or Design understanding
- Graduate calibre
- Preferably CIPS qualified
- Business or Engineering background
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Flexibility to travel
Rewards and Benefits:
Our achievements – now and in the future – are down to our strong worldwide workforce. To say thank you, we give everyone here career development and the chance to progress. We also pay great attention to employees’ health and welfare. You can expect medical insurance and dental care schemes, plus access to our healthy living centre. Naturally, this comes with a competitive salary, company pension and 33 days’ annual leave.
Note: We have a number of roles available at the World Headquarters, Cab Systems and Power Systems.
JCB is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Recruitment Agencies: JCB does not accept any speculative approaches to present candidates for advertised vacancies.