We are looking for a two PPL to drive activity in all NPIP activity & localisation projects
JCB is looking for a Purchasing Project Leader to join the Purchasing team at our World Headquarters in Rocester, Staffordshire.
JCB is a truly world class, family owned business. We are proud of our achievements and recognise that future growth and success is shaped by the ambition of the JCB team. If you are looking for a career with a business where people really count, look no further than JCB.
Overview of the role:
The role is responsible for coordinating and supporting all Purchasing activity in relation to all NPIP activity and localisation projects. The co-ordination involves the delivery of the New Product Introduction Group Purchasing Policy in order to comply with the functional requirements of the NPIP process.
This very demanding role requires the successful candidate to be self-motivated, process driven and has the ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team. You must be able to communicate well at every level of the business and have the ability to prioritise workload and meet very precise deadlines.
Your Responsibilities as a Purchasing Project Leader:
- Project Sourcing Reviews - Ensure the scope and targets of the new programme are agreed through cross-functional reviews to facilitate early supplier engagement, purchasing category compliance and commercial approach. Support the construction of a synthetic BOM and provide a summary of the existing supplier performance that includes development plans where appropriate.
- Plan for Every Part - Generate and maintain a PFEP to support Engineering in constructing a drawing release plan capable of supporting the overall timing requirements and to project manage the long lead time parts. To work with the various category teams in the creation of appropriate countermeasures and monitor the supplier delivery of those plans.
- Confidentiality - Manage the completion of supplier non-disclosure agreements for specific programmes.
- Component Validation - Support engineering with the fit for purpose sign off procedure.
- Risk Mitigation - Identify appropriate suppliers to participate in product launch reviews and manage any associated risk identified within this activity.
- Quality - Monitor and report the overall quality status and actively support the monitoring of timing plans and expediting of parts and / or quality documents.
- Cost Control - Work together with Engineering and the various Purchasing teams in order to support the target creation process for new parts and report the consolidated status, the progress and the cost saving opportunities throughout the launch of a programme.
- Gate Reviews - Prepare the papers summarising the overall Purchasing position for the NPIP gate reviews and represent the function when appropriate.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the following skills
- Project management
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate effective multi-functional team working
- Influential dexterity
- Practical problem solving
- Leading and managing change
- Conflict resolution ability
- Engineering and design understanding
- Financial awareness
- Strong sense of urgency with a positive attitude
Experience & Qualifications
- Engineering and/or Programme Management understanding
- Graduate calibre
- Preferably CIPS/PRINCE2 qualified
- Production or Engineering background
- Flexibility to travel
What is in it for you?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company’s healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
JCB: Building a Brighter Future
JCB is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Recruitment Agencies: JCB does not accept any speculative approaches to present candidates for advertised vacancies.