We supply all types of customers in all types of business, specialising in many types of equipment, including; plant and machinery to the construction and industrial sectors. A large fleet of delivery vehicles are able to supply almost any type of equipment that is requested.
As a Workshop Engineer you must:
- Have experience with repairing, servicing and maintaining equipment.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Be reliable and have a flexible proactive approach.
- Have good literacy, numeracy and computer skills.
- Have the ability to diagnose faults on construction equipment and associated tool hire equipment.
- Have experience with diesel and petrol engines.
- Have a full clean driving licence.
- Have good diagnostic skills.
- Have good customer service skills.
The main Responsibilities of a Workshop Engineer are:
- Repairing, servicing and maintaining equipment in the workshop.
- A service engineer must be able to diagnose faults on a variety of equipment.
- Maintain product knowledge.
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required.
- Be able to liaise with people at all levels.
- Maintain Health and Safety to Company Standards.
- Will be require to attend breakdowns.
- Demonstrating exceptional customer service skills, you will also provide cover for the sales/ Hire counter when needed.
Working hours: Monday to Friday: 08:00am – 17:00pm and Saturday: 08:00am to 12:00pm on a rotational basis.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- 22 Days plus statutory holidays (30 days in total).
- Additional Holiday after two, three and five years’ service.
- Weekly pay.
- Free tool hire for all employees – Excluding consumables and Delivery.
- Death in service cover to support your family.
- Permanent employment.
- Ongoing training.
- Uniform Provided.
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme.
- Discounted Personal Legal Services.
- Bike to work scheme.
The post Workshop Engineer appeared first on Smiths Hire.