Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
The Scrum Master will use their knowledge and experience of agile practices to oversee and guide scrum teams/tribes. You will have excellent interpersonal, project management, and problem-solving skills.
The principal objectives of the role are:
- To help the Development Team to create high-value products.
- Using agile methodology values, principles and practices to plan, manage, and deliver solutions. Ensuring that development teams follow scrum framework, values and agile practices.
- Eliminating team impediments and guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Working with and supporting the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog (Planning Poker) and Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency.
The duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Adopt continuous improvement through training, mentoring and supporting scrum teams/tribes to follow agile values, principles, and practices.
- Determining and managing tasks, issues, risks, and action items. Ensuring the proper use of collaborative processes and removing impediments for the scrum team.
- Scheduling and facilitating scrum events including but not limited to stand-ups, retrospectives, meetings, and decision-making processes. Taking responsibility for actions.
- Monitoring progress and performance and helping teams to make improvements.
- Guiding the team on self-organising (ensuring the team that has the autonomy to choose how best to accomplish their work, rather than being directed by others outside the team).
- Planning and organising demos and product/system testing.
- Tracking project processes, deliverables, and financials.
- Preparing and presenting status reports to stakeholders.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a relevant field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or in a similar role.
- Certified Scrum Master, SAFe preferred.
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps
- Certified Agile Product Owner/Manager
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 21 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) rising to 26 days after 12 months, discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.
Please be aware Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.