Are you a hands on and practical person who is looking for a Company that really values your contribution and can offer you award-winning training opportunities? Read on as we may have just the apprenticeship you are looking for!
Our Apprentices are the future of our business. As an apprentice on our 21-month Engineering Operative Apprenticeship programme you will learn the skills required to become a top Welder with a fantastic range of future career options ahead of you.
Working as an apprentice fabricator welder you would assist in the manufacture of bespoke hoist components and accessories, using a variety of hand tooling and machinery.
You will work directly with experienced members of staff who will give guidance to ensure the appropriate performance levels are achieved across different departments within the business.
You will undertake on-the-job training whilst shadowing a fully qualified mentor. Duties will include:
• To be involved in the manufacturing or repairing of hoists, hoist accessories and other auxiliary items.
• Read and interpret drawings to understand work specifications
• Assist welders in cleaning up worksites and setting up welding equipment
• Operate manual and semi-automatic welding and cutting equipment.
• Set up and operate hand power tools particular to the welding trade.
• Prepare all material surfaces that need to be welded and ensure that there is no rust or dust on them.
• Position and align parts that need to be welded according to instruction provided.
• Keep track of materials, tools and equipment needed for welding projects and inform the supervisor in case of shortages.
Please note that the salary offered will be based on the age of the candidate.