As Tool Hire Managers role within IBMG you will support and enhance our Tool Hire offering within one of our Merchant Branches, and take control in delivering the Hire strategy, and ensure our customers receive the highest level of customer service. Leading your team from the front, making sure we are working better for customers and providing a first class service, controlling costs, and keeping colleagues and customers safe within the branch at all times.
The role within Tool Hire
- Setting and building the foundations for a successful Tool Hire Business within a Merchant Branch, and Managing all areas within your remit.
- Develop and execute sales plan, that will support the Growth of Tool Hire and our wider offering to our customers.
- Maintain the correct stock levels to maximise equipment utilisation.
- Completes test and run, servicing and basic repairs and meets with the guides within SafeHire
- Knowledge of the products and services will be essential to deliver on our objectives
To direct and control all operations to ensure that profitability targets are achieved and that full utilisation of resources are made, whilst maintaining the highest standards of customer service, safety and efficiency.
- Ensure that at all times that statutory and Company requirements are adhered to, including but not limited to health & safety and employment legislation
- Promote, improve and increase sales as well as margins and to ensure the team are also managed effectively to achieve this on a daily basis.
- Take responsibility for controlling and monitoring budgets, working with Branch Manager and Head of Hire, ensuring efficiencies, in line with IBMG procedures in all aspects of financial expenditure
- Maintain IBMG negotiated purchasing arrangements, through the operational procedures and ensure that stock management is carried out in line with those procedures
- Take responsibility for maintaining the highest standards of customer service, by regular monitoring, taking any corrective action and resolving customer complaints
- Take responsibility for maximising the potential sales and profitability of the Hire operation through effective management of recruitment, training and development of all Hire personnel
- Communicate fully, Company information that is brought to your attention that may impact positively or negatively on the performance of the Hire operation or the security and safety of the building and / or employees
- Maintain, control and manage the resources available (stock, equipment.) in line with IBMG policies and procedures to achieve maximum productivity
- Identify trends in audit results and shrinkage and implement preventative measures to limit risk
- Ensure that the Hire team improves and maintains their product & equipment knowledge to effectively support customers and improve sales
- co-ordinate deliveries and ensure equipment is ready on time to ensure customer requirements are met on time
- Ensure all customer documentation and other paperwork is maintained accurately and in line with company procedures
- Ensure all information, leaflets, brochures etc. relating to Hire are current and meet any relevant requirements
- Have an understanding of market conditions, competitor activity and customer interest
- Ensure that Hire related fleet and equipment is maintained to the company standards including testing, repairing and maintenance
- Undertake any other projects, activities or duties that may be assigned to you from time to time in order to support the needs of the business
- Assist, communicate and support with Support Centre functions
- Ensure equipment usage analysis to ensure maximum profitability
What experience do you need?
Previous Tool & Plant Hire Industry experience with a good understanding of electrical, petrol and diesel equipment would be advantageous, with transferable skills - inspirational leadership, operational management, sales experience, great customer service and commercial acumen.
- Competitive salary with a quarterly bonus scheme
- 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension
- Health & Wellness (annual flu jab, free eyesight tests etc.)
- Cycle to work scheme