As an IT Senior Test Analyst in our team you will be responsible for ensuring the ongoing and improving quality and stability of these internal and customer facing, business critical and innovative applications, in both new and legacy technologies where appropriate.
Sunbelt Rentals operate a bespoke Agile framework based around SCRUM and KANBAN wrapped with Waterfall project management principles at a program level to ensure the correct prioritisation and scoping of deliverables. As a Senior Test Analyst, you will be expected to be involved on the normal sprint cycles and planning/review sessions as well as the iterative build, test and deployment as part of your relevant delivery team.
Roles and responsibilities
Support the continuous improvement of best practices to improve productivity and quality of outputs.
- Embed as part of an AGILE delivery team and ensure quality of delivery though best practise agreed test process/procedures
- Supporting the mentoring of the more junior members of the team in,manual and technical and automation testing principles and techniques
- Estimate effort for test scripting and execution
- Design Test Cases to cover new and existing functionality and improve overall test coverage of the Software Platforms
- Technical Testing of APIs including Authentication & Authorisation, API Requests & Responses and API response codes using tools such as Postman
- Querying Database Tables using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to complete data validation and identify test data.
- Execute manual test scripts within the iterations, identify faults/bugs, prioritise appropriately and pass to the development team to resolve.
- Complete ad-hoc exploratory testing to identify unknown errors in areas of limited test coverage.
- Test across multi environment/browser configurations to ensure breadth and depth of test coverage.
- Support the creation of automation tests