Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
The main purpose of a Depot Assurance Manager is to support for the team objective of the provision of timely, accurate, targeted and independent assurance over all areas of depot activity.
- Responsible for providing assurance for accreditations to ISO and OHSAS standards
- Operating at times under the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors Internationally recognised professional practices framework, including adherence to the code of ethics
- Improving company performance by identification of business improvement and efficiency opportunities, including development of process change, presentation of solution to management and assisting where required in implementation
- Delivery of Risk Awareness familiarisation to senior management, up to and including regional MD grades
- Completion of assigned integrated depot audits. Main areas covered by the audit will include- Conformity with business process/ Health and safety compliance/ Asset existence/asset management
- Communication of audit results to local management teams
- Ad-hoc support to depots as may be required and tasked by your line manager
- Responsible for ensuring that personal knowledge in each of the areas of audit activity is maintained and up to date
- Promote participation in the Speedy community and influence operations colleagues with appropriate corporate behaviours to improve culture
What you’ll need:
- Experienced at managing stakeholder (auditee) relationships with senior management, up to and including regional MD grades
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel and general PC skills
- A good general understanding and knowledge of the Speedy product base (our Hire Fleet) advantageous
- Good planning and organising skills are essential with an ability to demonstrate to strict deadlines to produce reports and results
- Hold and maintain IOSH accreditation in Health and Safety
- LRQA or equivalent audit training
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 21 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) rising to 26 days after 12 months, discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.
Please be aware Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.