A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Assistant to join our team at Sunbelt Rentals UK. It’s our vision to own the future of rentals and our mission to deliver a world-class experience. As a Workshop Assistant in our Test & Calibration business, you’ll help us to deliver exceptional customer experiences and live up to our values, setting an unrivalled standard for the industry.
Typical test equipment types used by customers of the Test & Calibration team are: High voltage testers, power analysers, relay test sets, general electrical test instruments.
Key responsibilities include;
- Converting new hire orders to hire contracts by picking, checking and packing items prior to despatch using a variety of shipping methods.
- Preparation of pre-hire documentation including hire contracts and printing of pre-published instruction manuals and test / calibration certificates.
- Preparation of courier waybills and manifests to complete the required shipping documentation.
- Initial inspection of returned goods to check for damages or missing items.
- Cleaning of product before and after hire.
- Loading and unloading vans.
- Maintaining stock levels or spares and accessories.
- Handling goods inwards for the building and distributing material to the relevant department.
- Providing support and assistance to staff and customers in order to provide excellent customer service in a business to business environment.
- Use of dedicated hire software and scheduling packages.
- Occasional deliveries of urgent orders (via company van)
- Ensure good housekeeping in all work areas to ensure that the company health, safety, quality and environmental policies and processes are adhered to.