In this new role of Commercial Legal Counsel (fixed term contract up to 12 months) you will advise on all aspects of contracts and procurement across Sunbelt Rentals UK.
Reporting to Senior Legal Counsel, this is a busy and diverse role and provides an excellent opportunity to apply your expert legal knowledge and skills to a variety of contracts in the following areas: general commercial customer contracts, procurement of goods and services, IT and technology contracts and public procurement.
You will also on occasion assist with dispute resolution, intellectual property, asset protection and a range of commercial legal queries.
You will have excellent collaboration skills as you will work across the organisation with a variety of stakeholders. Experience of construction contracts would be an advantage but is not required as training can be given.
The role is advertised due to growth. Initially the role is offered on a Fixed Term Contract basis, with a start date as soon as possible. The candidate will be based from home but some travel to the office or on site may be required. Part-time hours would be considered.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Providing advice to the business on all aspects of commercial/contracts law
- Legal advice on all aspects of the procurement cycle, including procurement documents, stakeholder engagement, supplier selection, evaluation, negotiation, contract award and execution
- Drafting documents and advising in relation to services contracts, intellectual property, IT and technology issues
- Advising on the resolution of contractual claims and disputes
- Assisting with general and varied queries affecting the business
- Building collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.