Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
As part of our value added services Speedy has a fully established multimillion pound product sales and consumables supply business distributing a wide range of MRO consumables, equipment and tools to our customer base across the UK. This includes all of the recognised brands across multiple product groups such as Abrasives, hand tools, PPE, janitorial and general site supplies.
Due to the success and growth of our sales business we now require a dynamic and driven individual to join our supply chain management team as buyer and to take the lead in the management and development of our supply base for equipment sales and consumables.
The Buyer will lead, develop and manage the supply base for the Speedy Sales business with cost control and increased profitability as the primary focus.
- Working closely on a day to day basis with the staff and leadership of the Speedy Sales business.
- Sourcing products for the existing Speedy Sales range, focussing on cost control and best fit products.
- Growing the Speedy Sales range whilst committing fully to the Speedy Supply Chain rationalisation programme.
- Will also manage many of the ‘overlap’ products that also sit in the Speedy hire fleet.
- Monitor and improve supplier performance.
- Focus intensely on miscellaneous spend. Creating deals where necessary.
- Managing supplier relationships, establishing trade agreements with the approved partners.
- Ensuring products are delivered according to the presentation of the Speedy Sales business (Merchandised and presented accordingly).
- Ensuring the purchasing IT system is reflective of the deals in place.
- Hosting regular New Products Meetings (Product Review Group events) for this category of products.
- To assist with disposal process of obsolete and overstocked product.
- Sourcing new products for the Speedy Sales range.
- Strong focus on eco ranges and carbon reduction
What you’ll need:
- Have a strategic approach within both Supply Chain Management and Speedy Sales support.
- Strong FMCG purchasing skills. Understanding brands and how to leverage them. Experience of buying products sensitive to seasonality.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Must be able to prioritise their workload
- Strong analytical and research skills working in conjunction with the Commercial Finance Manager.
- Demonstration of commercial awareness, especially the impact of buying decisions on working capital and ROCE
- Team player who can communicate at different levels.
- Able to travel.
- Strong excel skills.
- Applicable industry experience – Construction/industrial/builders merchant supplies
- Depot experience.
- Purchasing experience through a distribution centre model.
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 21 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) rising to 26 days after 12 months, discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.
Please be aware Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible