Are you ready to join a Company that really believes that people are the very heart of the business and really values your contribution? You may have heard of Sunbelt Rentals but did you know that we are part of the FTSE 100 company Ashtead Group plc, the second largest equipment rental company in the world?
Due to the continued expansion of the business and increasing demands, a new position is being created within the Finance team. The key duties of the Audit and Compliance Manager will revolve around ensuring compliance with internal procedures as well as targeted business improvement. The role will liaise directly with internal and external audit professionals as well as various internal departments that own financial processes and controls within the Company.
Ultimately, this role will help Senior Management gain assurance that self-certification statements related to our control environment can be provided. This will be a key position with access to senior members of the organisation and an excellent opportunity for somebody to develop in their career progression and take the lead in implementing value-add processes in a new role.
Your key duties will include:
- Ensure that the Company complies with internal regulations and established control protocol
- Examine documentation and evidence connected to internal control/processes
- Manage the Self-Certification processes required by Ashtead PLC
- Review process and control documentation and seek enhancements where relevant
- Provide leadership to our finance and operational teams regarding the design and implementation of control activities and how they evidence the performance of such activities
- Liaising with external and internal audit functions
- Analyses audit reports and results and gathers management responses to findings
- Audit external reports – e.g. gender pay reporting, supplier payment reports, ESG reporting
- Work with the Performance Standards Audit team to improve how depot audits are conducted
- Ad hoc projects for the Financial Controller and Finance Director (estimated 25% of time)
- Works within the team towards continuous improvement.