We now have a fantastic new opportunity for a Product Data Manager. At Sunbelt Rentals, the UK\'s leading equipment rental provider, we have over 20,000 product lines. We are undergoing a major business transformation to restructure, cleanse and enrich our product data ready for our future, enabling the best experience with our investment in state of the art, new IT systems.
As part of our rapid transformation programme, we are creating a new product data team within our Operational Excellence team to deliver high quality, accurate information about our products and services. This is where you come in. Join us in this new role of Product Data Manager and help to create a team of excellent product data analysts and BIM specialists to work with manufacturers, technical experts and operational management to improve and govern our product data to drive our business forward. Our product data includes:
- Rental Assets, itemised and non-itemised
- Consumable Items, including Sales products, Parts and Spares
- Service and maintenance information and warranties
- BIM objects
- Telemetry information
Product data is used in our Rental platform, service & maintenance systems, procurement system, asset database and on our website.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Recruitment and people management for a team of Product Data Analysts and a BIM Content Manager, ensuring team delivery against KPIs
- Cross functional team engagement including working with our Operational Excellence team and Digital Marketing team to build a product data structure ready to lead the rental industry. You\'ll also work closely with IT Digital Transformation and Performance Standards Teams.
- Creating a culture of good data governance, processes and control of data changes you will lead the cleansing and standardisation of our product data, the creation of a global list of product attributes and review and update linked consumables items, accessories and kit components
- Build good relationships with our supply chain partners and technical experts to enable us to enrich the data quality of our existing product lines
- Create a data standard that will become part of the new product onboarding process. Work with our Procurement team to ensure that this information is captured when new products or services are purchased, create a new parts and spares catalogue and link the parts to the relevant rental products
- Working with the BIM Content Manager, Manufacturers and BIM partners to ensure our digital BIM product library is set up, maintained and kept in line with our product lines
- Continual improvement, always working with the team to come up with ways to provide an improved customer experience using product data and capturing and staying abreast of key product developments.