We now have a fantastic new opportunity for a BIM Content Manager. The UK\'s leading equipment rental provider to construction, maintenance projects, industrial, rail and events, Sunbelt Rentals UK aim to help our customers with their digital journey to ensure that they know from the planning stages that they are using the right equipment for the job.
Our aim is to support our customers with their digital journey by creating a brand-new library of BIM objects for temporary works that can be used right the way through the BIM asset lifecycle. We will be working with the market leaders in our sectors to create these objects to enable our customers to select the right equipment and try it in simulations. This is where you come in. We are looking to recruit a BIM Content Manager to work with our internal teams, identifying manufacturers and supply chain partners to engage with, and bring along on our BIM journey.
Working within our newly created Product Data team, you will be responsible for building up a library of suitable BIM objects with our partner BIM Store and making them available for our customers through our website, our command centre and directly from the BIM Store. As the library evolves, you will work with our new BIM Site Planner to ensure they have the right objects to help customer with site planning and events.
This role will give the successful applicant the ability to build on their BIM skills, spending time with some of the UK’s biggest contributors of digital construction.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and managing a range of products to have digital models
- Cross functional engagement including working with our technical and sustainability teams to understand the information to be included and working with the data team to ensure data is linked back to our new data structure and the digital marketing team to ensure BIM objects are published in the correct places.
- Working closely with manufacturers / suppliers to help them on their own BIM journey, collaborate on BIM object design and information and gather the data required to build the objects
- Working with our partner BIM Store to build and maintain the objects
- Promoting our BIM offering to customers and presenting our BIM strategy at Supplier forums
- Working with our new BIM Site Planner to ensure they have the objects available that they need to support our customers
- Continually identifying new assets to be digitised and update data sets in line with our data restructure and cleanse program
- Create a minimum BIM data requirement that will become part of the new product onboarding process. Work with our procurement team to ensure that this information is captured when new products or services are purchased
- Continual improvement of our BIM strategy, always working with the team to come up with ways to provide a better customer experience using BIM data.