We have an exciting new opportunity for a Programme Manager to join our Operational Excellence program at Sunbelt Rentals.
The Operational Excellence Program is the ground-breaking initiative designed to deliver transformational change in our business, like nothing before. A root & branch diagnostic review has been undertaken and a new design or ‘best way’ of working in our workshops, hire offices and depots has been introduced. We aim to become; safer, more efficient, more productive, and more reliable and vastly improve the financial performance of every depot. Each area of development can be measured and assessed, leaving opportunity for continuous improvement.
The Programme Manager is responsible for developing, training and leading a team of Project Managers, ‘change agents’, deploying customer focussed processes, tools, techniques and ways of working across the business to ensure programme outcomes are achieved and operational depots reach prescribed levels of ‘operational excellence’. The success of OpX as a critical business enabler will be demonstrated through achievement of tangible defined benefits throughout the programme implementation journey.
The person will be able to work within complex stakeholder groups, including Senior Executives, Regional Directors, Depot Managers, Consultants, L&D and Project Managers.
The role will oversee delivery of Sunbelt Rentals OpX principles and practices across the business and drive the establishment of a sustainable continuous improvement culture through increased levels of ‘OpX capability’ across depots.
- Leading the team of Project Managers.Conducting an active role modelling throughout the life cycle of OpX project manager selection, training and skills development. Coaching of project managers to independent OpX deployment capability.
- Daily programme management throughout the programme life cycle.
- Defining the programme governance (controls).
- Planning the overall programme and monitoring the progress.
- Managing the programme’s resources and budget.
- Managing risks and issues and taking corrective measures.
- Coordinating the project deployments and their interdependencies.
- Managing and utilising project manager resources across projects.
- Managing stakeholders’ and sponsor/senior executive communication.
- Aligning the OpX programme deliverables to business desired “outcomes” and benefit targets.
- Managing the main programme documentation e.g. scope, statement of work, business case docs, terms of reference documents.
- Allocation of OpX Project Manager resources and delivery budget.
- Creating, scheduling, deploying and managing delivery of programme plan.
- Occasional provision of holiday/absence cover for OpX Project Managers where need arises.
- Delivery of ‘expert challenge’ to all levels of business with levels of application and adherence to OpX principles and practices.
- Post-deployment visits, interviews and outcome assessments of OpX deployments.
- Planning, tracking, and reporting on outputs and outcomes. Tracking and monitoring of programme milestones, benefits targets and outcome deliverables.
- Expansion of programme scope/size as required on agreement with sponsor and senior executives.
- Creation of exec level reporting materials to support Head of OpX.