Travis Perkins/Tool Hire has an exciting opportunity for a Tool Hire Operations Manager to cover Scotland and the North East sub regions. You will be supporting 12 full Tool Hire branches as well as supporting our Satellite network.
We also have exciting plans to open another two Tool Hire branches in Inverness and Elgin to add to an already impressive portfolio which you will be a key player in planning, supporting and implementing the strategy.
A day in the life of a Tool Hire Ops Manager
- You’ll be responsible for driving the safe, compliant and efficient operation of a number of Tool Hire units, ensuring they achieve and strive to exceed sales and revenue targets.
- Your excellent leadership and relationship building skills will be key to your success - you’ll need to work closely and collaboratively with Branch Managers and Tool Hire Managers to shape and influence how they deliver on their plans locally, alongside developing great relationships with the two Regional Directors.
- You’ll be a stickler for high standards, always striving for improvement, and most importantly will have the ability to impress and inspire this way of working within the Tool Hire Units within your area.
- Understand your competitive landscape and foster solid relationships with your key customers in order to retain and build sales. Set plans and agree targets with Tool Hire Managers and external Sales teams in order to increase customer penetration and Tool Hire sales within your area.
- Working alongside regional teams, you will develop great relationships with colleagues & customers in order to growth the regional Tool Hire business.Working alongside the branch teams you will ensure best in class safety standards and a progressive safety culture in your branches.
- In conjunction with Branch Managers and Tool Hire Managers review branch ‘stock health’ to ensure we optimise fleeted utilisation and have the depth and breadth of stock required in every branch to service our customers.
What skills do you need?
- Direct line management experience with the ability to coach and mentor
- Be able to influence at all levels
- Can inspire sky high standards for safety and service
- Proven track record in both a sales and an operational role
- Operational experience within a ‘Branch’ environment
Does this sound like you?
- Passionate, inspirational and engaging individual who is proactive, highly adaptable, resilient, and tenacious with high levels of energy and drive.
- Someone who has great communication and influencing skills, who can build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships across our businesses.
- Someone that thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, who can adapt quickly to changing business needs.
- Career-focused and want to build a career to become a key player in the success of a large PLC
In return, we will offer you a competitive salary, car allowance and annual bonus. Being a Tool Hire Operations Manager gives you a fantastic opportunity to excel and to continue to develop your career. How will you know you are doing a great job and developing your career? Simple. We will support you with a development plan that embraces our values.
If you said yes to the above, apply now!