Driver (Class 1) - Milton Keynes
Salary – £ / hr (DOE) + overtime + benefits
Do you want to work for a fast-paced national company, with excellent career progression prospects; where hard work is well rewarded? Then a job with AFI is for you.
We are currently looking to recruit a Class 1 Driver to be based from our Milton Keynes Depot.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You must hold a Class 1 licence as a minimum.
- You will have experience of multi-drop delivery / collections.
- You must hold your driver CPC.
- A CSCS card would be beneficial, but is not essential.
- Experience of loading / unloading plant would be favourable, but again is not essential.
- IPAF operator’s licence would be advantageous, but full training will be given if the right candidate doesn’t hold this.
- You will also receive an excellent training induction programme, including approved IPAF Load and unload training.
- You must be outgoing and enthusiastic.
- As this is a customer facing role, excellent communication skills and a friendly approach are a must.
- Time keeping and using your own initiative will be important aspects of the role, so you should be proficient at these skills.
AFI group of companies is a leading provider of access solutions, from the hire and purchase of access equipment, to accredited training and service / maintenance of machines. With a current network of 19 hire locations across the UK and over 6,500 machines, AFI has a strong emphasis on Health and Safety and is proud to hold various accreditations (ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO18001, 5* Achilles Building Confidence, FORSE Silver, Gold RoSPA award – to name a few).
We offer an excellent benefits package:
- 23 days holidays per year rising to 25, plus statutory holidays.
- Inclusion in a monthly profit share scheme.
- An auto-enrolment pension scheme with employer contributions.
- Death-in-Service benefit of 2 x salary.
- Paid Overtime.
- Healthcare Cash Plan.
- In addition we have invested in an excellent induction programme, and staff training (we currently hold a Gold Investors in People award).
Please note that we operate a 2 stage interview process and online testing to screen candidates.