This is an excellent opportunity for a Night Shift Yard Labourer to work as part of the team at our depot in Warrington. We are seeking a Yard Labourer to assist in all yard duties and to support all aspects of the transport and engineering functions at the depot.
The night shift is Monday to Thursday 6pm to 6am with one hour of breaks on each shift.
In return you will receive: Competitive salary plus 20% shift allowance, 25 days annual leave plus bank holiday, Westfield Health Cash Plan, auto enrolment pension scheme, life assurance and access to our retail discount portal.
You must be a great team player, be reliable and have a keen desire to learn within an engineering environment.
Responsibilities include: -
- Work with drivers to ensure all trucks are loaded in a safe and efficient manner.
- Pick and make available machines for drivers as notified on Transport planning sheets.
- Ensure all vehicles and drivers have loads available to maximise driving hours and vehicle efficiency.
- Ensure all diesel machines have tanks filled and chargeable invoicing information is competed daily.
- Ensure machine layout is maintained/improved to use available yard space efficiently.
- Park all machines after engineers have parked in laydown area.
- Complete planned maintenance activities including work to improve machine standards in the depot (cleaning and painting) and within Livery guidelines.
- Improve/organise engineers stores to ensure efficient use of parts in line with the LSM.
- Be an ambassador for and ensure compliance of Quality, Health, Safety and Tech X standards and policies.
- Act as an ambassador for the company, providing a high standard of customer care and being polite at all times.
- Maintain high levels of personal appearance, ensuring uniform and personal protective equipment are used correctly.
- Support the Location/Workshop Service Manager, Senior Service Engineer & the shift supervisor in the effective running of maintenance operations.
- Provide general depot maintenance where required
- Ensure electric machines are on charge before and after inspection
- Provide on-site support when required
- Use the internal mobile application to complete specified tasks planned by the LSM/WSM or SSE.
About you: -
- Reliable and punctual.
- Some practical skills in maintenance and repair and use of hand tools.
- Keen to learn and progress within an engineering environment.
- Flexible attitude.
- Ability to work as a team player in a reactive working environment.
- Full UK Drivers Licence.
- Forklift Licence desirable.
Nationwide Platforms is the market-leading powered access rental company in the UK providing a fleet of more than 15,500 machines with working heights from 3m to 90m.
With a depot network spanning 38 depots, Nationwide Platforms provide its customers with leading safe access solutions for working at height. It also has the largest powered access training department in Europe, delivering a comprehensive range of working at height training courses to powered access operators and the wider access industry.
Nationwide Platforms is part of Loxam, Europe's largest equipment rental company operating in 30 countries.