This is an excellent opportunity for a Regional Engineering Manager to join our Specialist Vehicles & Tracked Booms team, managing the engineering activity and performance of four workshops in the North of England and Scotland and indirectly circa 20 engineers.
As the Regional Engineering Manager your responsibilities include adherence to all internal quality systems and health and safety policies, cost control, customer service standards and other engineering aspects of the hub and or satellite depots whilst demonstrating strong leadership and organisational skills.
We are looking for someone with previous engineering management experience ideally within plant hire or similar, someone experienced with health and safety, excellent people management and communication skills as well as a passion for delivering great customer service.
This is a regional role and therefore requires travel to sites in Warrington, Leeds, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Responsibilities include: -
- Ensure that company Technical Bulletins and manufacturer’s recalls are closed out in line with company deadlines. Ensure suitable risk assessments are conducted and safe systems of work are applied to all activities carried out within the region
- Maintain high level of equipment availability, reliability and fleet appearance
- Line management responsibility of a team of Workshop Service Managers.
- To set and manage location budgets within agreed targets
- Ensure all engineering, maintenance and business related initiatives are carried out to appropriate standard and within acceptable timescales within the region
- Set the standards of ethics, behaviours and attitude required in the workforce through demonstrating best practice and commitment to company values
- Ensure effective implementation and compliance of all company policies and procedures, including legislative requirements, within the region
- Set KPI’s and provide accurate and timely KPI reporting on performance of all locations within the region
- Provide Technical /Engineering support where required including customer visits
- Conduct monthly workshop reviews with the Workshop Service Managers.
- Ensure Apprentice Service Engineers are receiving a structured programme of experience and training and are achieving their qualifications on target
- Within the region ensure that adequate resource planning is in place to cover periods of staff absence
- Take shared responsibility of the operational efficiency, customer satisfaction, financial performance and Health and Safety of all locations in the region as part of the management team.
- Be an ambassador for Health and Safety and to ensure compliance for quality, health and safety.
About you: -
- A track record of managing engineering performance across multiple locations in the plant hire/rental sector.
- Able to deliver engineering excellence and balance commercial factors against challenging KPIs.
- Passionate about driving improved customer service and health and safety standards.
- Credible communicator, demonstrable leadership skills and ability to influence and negotiate effectively with customers, team and multiple functions within the organisation.
- Formally trained in an engineering discipline, and qualified to C&G 390, NVQ level 3, or equivalent.
- A demonstrable understanding of HGV compliance would be preferred.
Nationwide Platforms is the market-leading powered access rental company in the UK providing a fleet of more than 15,500 machines with working heights from 3m to 90m.
With a depot network spanning 38 depots, Nationwide Platforms provide its customers with leading safe access solutions for working at height. It also has the largest powered access training department in Europe, delivering a comprehensive range of working at height training courses to powered access operators and the wider access industry
Nationwide Platforms is part of Loxam, Europe's largest equipment rental company operating in 30 countries.