Are you an experienced Service Manager or Workshop Foreman looking to join a market leader in powered access hire? Do you enjoy supporting colleagues and helping get the best out of them?
We're looking for a Night Shift Workshop Service Manager to join the Nationwide Platforms team. You'd look after a team of engineers, with full responsibility for the depot night shift.
You'll have a commercial outlook, with a focus on driving best practice to achieve challenging engineering targets.
The Night shift is Monday to Thursday 6pm to 6am with one hour of breaks per shift.
In return you will receive: Competitive Salary plus 20% Shift Allowance, 25 Days annual leave plus bank holiday, Westfield Health Cash Plan, Auto enrolment pension scheme, Life Assurance and access to our retail discount portal.
Responsibilities include: -
- Manage all resources related to the maintenance of a hire fleet of powered access machines.
- Ensure effective implementation of all engineering policies and procedures.
- Maintain high level of equipment availability and reliability at optimal cost.
- Support compliance to all legislative requirements, and internal QHSE standards.
- Deliver technical initiatives and projects through to satisfactory outcome.
- Ensure continuous improvement in all engineering standards, using best practice.
- Produce qualitative and quantitative engineering related information.
- Manage workshop labor and administrative resources to achieve all specified maintenance standards and objectives.
- Manage appropriate fleet hire availability through day-book.
- Provide technical advice to location staff.
- Ensure all maintenance actions are carried out to appropriate standard and in within acceptable timescale e.g. service, thorough examination etc.
- Ensure all engineering related initiatives are carried out to appropriate standard and within acceptable timescales e.g. TechX.
- Ensure safe systems of work are applied to all activities carried out.
- Report on engineering outputs as required.
- Report engineering incidents or issues, including warranty failures and customer damage.
- Identify collective and individual staff training needs.
- Deliver technical ‘tool-box talk’ type information sessions to engineering staff.
- Maintain appropriate stock holding levels for spares, sundries, fuels and lubricants.
- Liaise with external parts and service providers when required.
- Contribute to inter-group projects and initiatives.
- Develop productive relationships across all regional and inter-regional functions to meet the overall business plan.
- Share best practice.
About you: -
- Previous experience running a team of service engineers, fitters or service technicians in a hire or rental business.
- Formally trained in an engineering discipline, and qualified to C&G 390, NVQ level 3, or equivalent.
- Demonstrable managerial skills and experience.
- Good upward and downward communication skills.
Nationwide Platforms is the market-leading powered access rental company in the UK providing a fleet of more than 15,500 machines with working heights from 3m to 90m.
With a depot network spanning 38 depots, Nationwide Platforms provide its customers with leading safe access solutions for working at height. It also has the largest powered access training department in Europe, delivering a comprehensive range of working at height training courses to powered access operators and the wider access industry.
Nationwide Platforms is part of Loxam, Europe’s largest equipment rental company operating in 30 countries.