We require a Workshop Manager or Foreman to join our Nationwide Platforms team at the Taunton depot. To manage all workshop and field based engineering activities at the Depot. Ideally someone within a similar industry, with excellent people management experience and with an engineering background. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving business and the UK market leader in powered access.
- Manage all resources related to the maintenance of a large mixed fleet of Powered Access Equipment.
- Ensure effective implementation of all engineering policies and procedures
- Maintain high level of equipment availability and reliability at optimal cost
- Support compliance to all legislative requirements, and internal QHSE standards
- Deliver technical initiatives and projects through to satisfactory outcome
- Ensure continuous improvement in all engineering standards, using best practice
- Produce qualitative and quantitative engineering related information
- Manage workshop labour and administrative resources to achieve all specified maintenance standards and objectives
- Manage appropriate fleet hire availability through day-book
- Provide technical advice to location staff
- Ensure all maintenance actions are carried out to appropriate standard and in within acceptable timescale eg service, Thorough Examination etc
- Ensure all engineering related initiatives are carried out to appropriate standard and within acceptable timescales eg TechX
- Ensure safe systems of work are applied to all activities carried out
- Report on engineering outputs as required
- Report engineering incidents or issues, including warranty failures and customer damage
- Identify collective and individual staff training needs
- Deliver technical ‘tool-box talk’ type information sessions to engineering staff
- Maintain appropriate stock holding levels for spares, sundries, fuels and lubricants
- Liaise with external parts and service providers when required
- Contribute to inter-group projects and initiatives
- Develop productive relationships across all regional and inter-regional functions to meet the overall business plan
- Share best practice across all Group Company businesses.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience of engineering supervision within a plant hire environment
- Formally trained in an engineering discipline, and qualified to C&G 390, NVQ level 3, or equivalent
- Good upward and downward communication skills
- Current powered access equipment knowledge preferred
In return you will receive:
- A Competitive Salary
- Company Van and Fuel Card
- Health Cash Plan
- Auto enrolment pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life assurance x2 contractual salary
Nationwide Platforms is the market-leading powered access rental company in the UK providing a fleet of more than 15,500 machines with working heights from 3m to 90m. With a depot network spanning 38 depots, Nationwide Platforms provide its customers with leading safe access solutions for working at height. It also has the largest powered access training department in Europe, delivering a comprehensive range of working at height training courses to powered access operators and the wider access industry.
Nationwide Platforms is part of Loxam, Europe’s largest equipment rental company operating in 30 countries.